When you login to the Windows Azure management portal you get this URL https://manage.windowsazure.com/Error/NotRiskVerified
Thare are no DIY (do it yourself) about this issue. All you can do is contact a support from this links. default.aspx-gprid=17024&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn
In Windows Phone 8, you can create a camera app called a lens. A lens opens from the built-in camera app and launches right into a viewfinder experience to help the user capture the moment. But not all lenses stop at capturing photos. Some lenses, called rich media lenses, provide a unique experience for viewing or editing photography (Microsoft, 2013). So if you want to build Windows Phone with heavy capability of image processing the Lens is the answer. However, Lens only works in Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 7.1 or even 7.8 has no capability to apply Lens application. The good scenario for Lens application are:
- You are creating a photo sharing application like Instagram and #2InstaWithLove
- You are creating a photo editor application like photos editor
- You are creating a photo frame application like Angry bird Roast
Frankly speaking, Lens provides user seemless integration between your app within the default photo and camera App. For example, if you have photo filters app, you can integrate it. so when user choose camera he has your Lens app in his Windows Phone. This scenario also happens on default Media Library.
The good way to implement it in Windows Phone 8 is by reading this document. and you can make sure your application follows the guideliness by reading this document.
In this video I will show you the basic tutorial to submit an application to Windows Store. This tutorial assume that you already have verified Windows Store Account. Windows Store account can be bought start from 50$ or free (for eligible University/School). This 7 minutes video will cover the basic tip. It has Indonesian subtitle on it. Enjoy
This three minutes video will show you how to migrate your SQL Server 2012 to SQL Azure.
After watching this video you should care some detail of the migration such as
- SQL Azure have no support on View and SQL Assembly so make sure you remove it before migration process
- SQL Azure migration doesn’t connect your application directly with SQL Azure, Be sure to link the resources on your Azure role
- SQL Azure migrate will move schema and the data
Statements of works (SOW) is a formal document that captures and defines the work activities, deliverables, and timeline a vendor must execute in performance of specified work for a client. SOW is developed as a contract negotiation between client and vendor. Agile manifesto teaches us, that the customer collaboration over the contract negotiation. Therefore, you find a lot of book tell us to create a good customer collaboration rather than create contract negotation.
Business is still business, it might be happens that your client doesn’t know about Agile. It might be happens that your client need a SOW, even your team is Agile veteran. This article will discuss how to combine SOW in Agile process.
Microsoft Solution Framework for Agile (MSF-Agile) has a good starting points to create a SOW. It has a ready to use template that can be used to help your team create comprehensive agile documentation. You can download the template here. The template has key activities for Agile team which are shown in Table 1.
Table 1. Agile Key Activities
In Table 1, it is shown that the first activity that just like “SOW creation” is creating project backlog. Project backlog is a set of stories that related with the need of client. The key activities is creating project vision. In MSF, the output of this activity is a document called vision and scope document. Therefore, you can give your customer with vision and scope document if they need a SOW. However, please be carefull since you need provide additional argument to make your vision and scope document is accepted. Here are some arguments
- Vision and Scope document has an executive summary that cover client business need and proposed solution in a glance
- Vision and scope document has a proposed solution that contains scope and approach to create the solution
- Vision and scope document provides project timeline that show when the project is finished, and how long the solution is developed
- Vision and scope document has project governance approach that covers communication plan, risk management, and configuration management. This section works just like collaboration commitment
- Vision and Scope covers project organization and staffing. it is developed to make sure that our client confident that your team is a proper team to do the job.
- Vision and scope covers the investment of the project. It tell your client how to change their invetsment into their productivity
- Vision and scope covers project assumptions a model that show your commitment within the proect.
In the end, you can make an effort to propose this document as vision and scope / project proposal documents. Good luck
When you prints anything from your browser the result of the printer is blank.
- Open Your command prompt in Administrator mode,
- Creating a /Low directory through command prompt
- Give the integrity level to Low to make sure that IE and others browser can access that folder. In the same command prompt windows type this command.
icacls “%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low” /setintegritylevel low
- Restart your browser, good luck!
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) certification is a certification that shows the competencies of software engineer by creating, planning, and managing a project. Fundamentally, it discuss how to manage a software project using Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation server.
ALM certification is evolutionary of MCPD Enterprise application. It gives you, a MCSD title. Earning an MCSD: Application Lifecycle Management certification will qualify you for such jobs as developer, applications engineer, and IT project manager (Microsoft Learning, 2012). In order to get MCSD for this certification, he should pass exam 496, 497, and 498. Unlike the past, the are no MCTS grade available. Student should pass three exam to get MCSD.
- 496 show how you manage a project with TFS and how to solve specific issue in development process
- 497 shows how you create testing environment with Visual Studio 2012 in order to deliver quality software
- 498 examine how you can create an environment to create software evolution through innovation and continuous delivery
Since, I’m also in the preparation to pass the exam. I will share you about the exam tips in the next post. Fighting
You want to move your Windows Azure solution Web Site from your subscriptions to the others
Solution A. Make Sure it has same service administrator
If you have a same service administrator email between your source subscription and the target subscription, you just contact the support to move the web for you. For example, my subscription A used my firstname.lastname@example.org and my target subscription use the email@example.com . if the condition exists just contact Azure Support Here
Solution B. Move your Web Manually
This solution has several steps but it worth to try if you don’t have same account between services administrator.
- Configure SQL Server so that you can access it through SQL Server Management Studio, you can do that by following these steps
- Connecting your SQL Azure using SQL Server Management Studio. This tutorial shows you how to do that
- Select your database, select the context menu, select tasks, and then copy the database to the azure SQL database. Make sure you are using SQL Server 2012 management studio and both SQL Azure is allowed to connect from your IP Address
- Open your website configuration and select dashboard, in the right pane, you can see the FTP and the credentials. if you forgot the password of your FTP just select. Reset your deployment Credentials
- Use an application like FileZilla or others FTP client to connect to the server using the login that you get from the source dashboard. Download the /wwwroot folder to yours local file
- After finished, open the web.config and configure the new connection string from your target database. Be sure to changes and option that related with the servers
- Now create a new website site in your target subscriptions and connect to the FTP services using your FTP client
- Transferring your files, and your web site is migrated
That’s it, if you want to learn azure more you can grab several good book like below (and it less than 15$)
It’s a holiday I create a short tutorial to install Android and ISO development support using Visual Studio through Xamarin software. Here are the several steps to do that.
- You need to download several dependencies such as Java SDK version 1.6 or later, Android SDK, GTK# and of course Xamarin. I prefer download separately rather than using Xamarin to do that.
- Install JDK first
- After the installation finish continue with Android SDK release 21 (as shown in Figure)
Having issues in installation and SDK said that “it can’t find the JDK, just create a JAVA_HOME Variable and point it out to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_43
- After the Android installation, you don’t need to open the SDK Manager, you can continue to GTK Sharp development.
- After the GTK Installation you can start the Xamarin Installer. It will download the latest update of Xamarin and Mono toolkit for about 1 GB. Prepare your connection. If you fail in the middle of download you can continue later. so don’t worry.
- After the installation, you can start your visual studio 2012. As you can see in the figure, we have Android and IOS project template
- You can obtain the trial version of this Xamarin for free, after that if you need to develop with Visual Studio you can buy they license for $999 or lower (this expensive for me).
That’s it, I will post the next exploration to create some hello world project with Visual Studio and Android.
do you know parental control in Windows 7? Parental control is mechanism to secure the computer resources for your children. it will limit the access, program, or even a system. You can see several good tutorial about parental control here:
- Setup parental control in Windows 7
- Configuring parental control in Windows 7 (Video)
- Monitoring your children with Windows Family Safety an extension of Parental Control to monitor visits, logging access, and others
Windows 8 improves the Parental Control with a brand new version and additional features like remote monitoring, web filter and many more you can read the full list here. You can read the how to here