There is a good news for a small, medium and business ISV, such as Bizspark and new Microsoft Startup. Starting from October 2012, a cloud TFS service is free for sometime and will be charged in the middle of 2013. You can sign up free at http://tfs.visualstudio.com/. This blog post will guide step-by-step to activate this feature while it free.
- Sign up to http://tfs.visualstudio.com use your Windows Live / Microsoft Account
- Create your unique URL with a format http://yoururl.visualstudio.com
- Configure your TFS into your visual studio. You can do this by opening Visual Studio 2012 and then connect to the TFS Click the Servers button and fulfill your unique URL.
- Visual Studio will load the Live ID identity providers. Just login with your Windows Live ID.
- In Visual Studio, You can configure you source control by selecting Tools, Options, Source Control, and Select Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Control. Click OK to save the configuration
- Bring back to your browser you can create a new project by creating New Team Project
- Creating a new project by submitting basic information such as project name, description, and process template. We will discuss the process template later but for now you can choose the conventional one (CMMI), Casual Agile (XP,), and Scrum.
- Create a new project and don’t forget to add to subversion.. You can also do that later in Solution Explorer menu (Right click on it and select Add to Source Conrol)
- Building your codes do a check-in and finished your software.
In the next post, I will discuss an Agile model in this TFS online. Enjoy your holiday