You want to run your 'old' application on Windows 10. However, the application can't start because 'its missing mscomctl.ocx"
Windows 10 doesn't ship the MSCOMCTL.ocx anymore, the MSCOMCTL.ocx is a library that is used by the Visual Basic 6 Runtime to render the application GUI
- Download the MSCOMCTL.ocx here
- On search menu / Cortana search command prompt and run it as administrator by right clicking it
- Copy the MSCOMCTL.ocx file to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- Navigate the command prompt to the location C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and typed regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx. it should say that the registration succeeded
- Run your legacy application, enjoy!